Brite People. Brite Solutions.
The Network Operations Center (NOC) Technician is responsible for performing all essential duties of an ITIL Service desk for a leading Managed Service provider. The NOC Technician is responsible for managing multiple IT tickets while supporting customer networks and IT infrastructure. This position is required to analyze problems, troubleshoot, and find appropriate customer resolutions. This position also requires researching and testing new products and features to help ensure the best customer experience.
- Manage service tickets within designated SLA.
- Field a high volume of service calls.
- Ensure customer satisfaction throughout working a ticket from start to finish.
- Troubleshoot basic computer and networking issues over the phone and via email.
- Document troubleshooting steps in documentation source (general or customer specific).
- Document customer interactions and resolutions within the support ticket.
- Run diagnostics and evaluate results to resolve reported computer/software issues.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate next level.
- Perform customer on-site visits to troubleshoot/repair workstations and printers.
- Analyze and identify software/hardware systemic issues.
- Maintain documentation database to ensure consistent customer interactions.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Participates in on-call after hours phone rotation.
- Accomplishes all other duties and tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field and at least two years of experience in an end-user support role within a high volume, time sensitive support environment.
- A+, Security+, Checkpoint CCSA, Network+, MCSE certifications preferred.
- Experience in cloud backup solutions, Datto a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge in troubleshooting and resolving workstation-based software issues with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 and 10, Microsoft Office 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016, Microsoft Online Services, including Office 365, and domain and workgroup environments.
- Strong hardware repair and troubleshooting skills with PC desktops and laptops.
- Ability to support and troubleshoot server-based software issues with Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012 R2 and 2016, Microsoft Windows Active Directory, on premise Microsoft Exchange 2003, 2007 and 2010, Microsoft Office 365 and hosted Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft SQL 2005, 2008, and 2012 server, Microsoft Hyper -V and VMWare, Microsoft PowerShell, major anti-virus solutions, and enterprise class backup solutions.
- Phone etiquette.
- Ability to address a variety of technical issues.
- Customer service skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Self-directed and results oriented.
Brite is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If interested please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com